In the south many dishes have that spice. I love watching the cooking channel on the tv we got from www.tvbydirect.com because it gives me a lot of ideas in the kitchen. In the south, Cajun dishes are a specialty and there are quite many to choose from. Many Cajun dishes are rather spicy. What gives them their unique flavor is cayenne pepper or hot sauce. This recipe will explain how to cook a Cajun Eggplant Casserole. For many it will be trying something new. It is really simple and easy to make. It is also aq hearty filling meal the whole family will enjoy.
Cajun Eggplant Casserole
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 pound of ground beef
1 pound of ground pork
2 eggplants, peeled and chopped
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of milk
1 pound of crawfish tails, cooked
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1 can of biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the beef and pork in a skillet and brown for 20 minutes. Make sure the meat is browned into little pieces. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
4. Saute' all the vegetables except for the eggplant.
5. Add the chopped eggplant to the sauteed vegetables and cook for 30 minutes.
6. Add the meat, seasonings, soup, and milk and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Add the cooked crawfish tails.
8. Season with the salt and cayenne pepper.
9. Pour the mixture into a large baking dish.
10. Sprinkle the casserole on top with the seasoned bread crumbs.
11. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the bread crumbs.
12. Place the biscuits over the casserole covering the entire surface.
13. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
14. Scoop below each biscuit to serve. Flip over to allow the meat to be on top of the biscuit. Serve hot and enjoy!